BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » Searchers find missing man

Searchers find missing man

AN ENDEAVOUR Hills man was found safe and well on Friday following a police search at Bunyip State Park.
The 33-year-old was last seen at his home in Essex Park Drive early last week.
The discovery of his car on a track adjacent to Ellis Road near the Bunyip River in Tonimbuk sparked a major search.
The Police Air Wing searched the park and on Friday the Search and Rescue Squad, along with police on motor bikes, members from the Force Response Unit and local police continued the search.
The man met searchers near where his car was left on Friday about 2pm.
Senior Sergeant Russell Patten of Pakenham police said he was pleased with the assistance provided by the public to map out the search area.
“We were able to use the local knowledge provided by the public to assist us in coordinating the search,” he said.
Police also expressed caution to anyone hiking or camping in state parks to prepare adequately for the conditions and always notify someone of their plans and expected return time.
“People need to be mindful of the cold weather that is now becoming an issue and the importance of letting someone know all the details of their trip,” he said.
The man had medical attention on Friday and was later interviewed by police.
Narre Warren CIU said charges were now pending over various offences.
In a separate incident a woman went missing in Narre Warren on Saturday night during a Greek Easter celebration.
The 35-year-old, who speaks little English, disappeared from her Circuit Avenue home about 11pm without her purse and without telling anyone where she was going.
She was found safe and well the following morning.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Q&A with beekeeper Alice Lin

    Q&A with beekeeper Alice Lin

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 520714 What inspired you to start beekeeping, and how long have you been doing it? I’ve only been learning beekeeping for a few months.…

  • MotoGP to leave Phillip Island, last race this year

    MotoGP to leave Phillip Island, last race this year

    After almost three decades, there will no longer be a great procession of motorcycles and cars heading south every October, as the MotoGP will move from Phillip Island after this…

  • Cranbourne Golf Course housing plan approved amid housing pressure

    Cranbourne Golf Course housing plan approved amid housing pressure

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 392859 Casey councillors have unanimously approved a controversial planning permit to turn the northern half of the Cranbourne Golf Course into almost 500 homes,…

  • Clyde up for the challenge

    Clyde up for the challenge

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533226 A red-hot Rutter Park battle saw the two most in-form teams of the competition in Tooradin and Clyde go back-and-forth on day one…

  • Tons galore in lower grades

    Tons galore in lower grades

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533224 B GRADE Table-leaders Pakenham Upper/Toomuc have been set a monumental task by Tooradin after the Seagulls posted 267 in the first innings at…