BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » World of work no party for Corey

World of work no party for Corey

By Kelly Yates
NARRE Warren South’s Corey Worthington is looking for a job.
Worthington’s manager Max Markson told the News the 18-year-old was looking for an outdoors job such as a bricklayer, carpenter, or concreter.
Mr Markson said Worthington, who had asked him for help in finding work, would be no trouble to an employer.
“Corey is finding it difficult to get a job as people have pre-conceived ideas about what he’s like,” he said.
“I’ve known him for a year and he’s a fine young man who is committed to working. He’d be a great addition to any workplace and if I had a job for him I would employ him.”
Corey will be getting a taste of working life this week when he heads to Sydney for work experience at Zoo Magazine.
Worthington made headlines around the world in January last year after posting an open invitation to a party at his family’s home on his MySpace page.
About 500 party-goers rocked up to the shindig which turned ugly when police cars were damaged and neighbouring properties littered with broken bottles and cans.
The police air wing, dog squad and patrol units from as far as Noble Park and Pakenham were called to help disperse the crowd.
Anyone interested in giving Corey Worthington a job can call the News on 5945 0621.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Man hospitalised after carpark stabbing

    Man hospitalised after carpark stabbing

    A 20-year-old man was left fighting for life after being allegedly stabbed by an unknown group of males in a Noble Park carpark. Greater Dandenong CIU detectives are investigating the…

  • Camels suffer tough week

    Camels suffer tough week

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532773 A week full of promise quickly turned to a tough pill to swallow for the Casey Cardinia Country Week team. The Camels suffered…

  • Robbers target jewellery stores, Berwick man taken to hospital

    Robbers target jewellery stores, Berwick man taken to hospital

    Two jewellery stores were targeted on Tuesday 17 February causing a Berwick man to be taken to hospital following a violent encounter. Police responded to reports of three masked males…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…

  • No bad blood for local MP dumped from shadow ministry

    No bad blood for local MP dumped from shadow ministry

    Local MP Jason Wood has been dumped from the new shadow ministry as Angus Taylor takes the reins of the party in a tumultuous week for the Liberals. The almost…