BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » Man hit by two cars

Man hit by two cars

A 43-year-old Hampton Park man died on Monday after being hit by two cars in Doveton. This was the City of Casey’s first road death for 2006.A 43-year-old Hampton Park man died on Monday after being hit by two cars in Doveton. This was the City of Casey’s first road death for 2006.

By Rebecca Fraser
CASEY has recorded its first road death for 2006.
A 43-year-old Hampton Park man died on Monday after being hit by a car shortly after 6.20am on the Princes Highway in Doveton.
The man, whose name has not been released, was then run over by a second car and died at the scene.
Sergeant Pat McGavigan, of Casey Traffic Management Unit (TMU), said police believed the man had been crossing the road from Iveco Trucks and was heading over to the old VicRoads building when he was struck by the car.
Both Casey and Dandenong TMU attended and a report is now being prepared for the coroner.
Sgt McGavigan said this was a timely reminder that all road users, whether they are drivers or pedestrians, needed to take care on the roads.
“This is Casey’s first fatality of the year. We finished off last year having the worst fatality rate of all Victorian municipalities. We do not want to see this again,” he said.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Senior Constable Simon Miller of Dandenong Police on 9767 7444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Digital Editions


  • New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534227 The Clyde Township Community Centre is now home to a new Library Lounge, providing residents in Clyde and…

More News

  • Upper Beaconsfield festival returns

    Upper Beaconsfield festival returns

    Upper Beaconsfield Tower Run: Climbing New Heights Upper Beaconsfield will come alive on Sunday the 15th of February when the community hosts the annual Upper Beaconsfield Tower Run and Village…

  • New Blokes Bible launched to support men’s mental health

    New Blokes Bible launched to support men’s mental health

    Long time Berwick resident Gregory Nanfra and David Cossigny are just two everyday blokes who met by chance on a backpacking trip in South America only to find out they…

  • Teen pedestrian critically injured in Narre Warren South

    Teen pedestrian critically injured in Narre Warren South

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534667 A 16-year-old boy was fighting for life after being struck by a car on Pound Road, Narre Warren South on Friday 13 February.…

  • Weekend of colour

    Weekend of colour

    It was a colourful weekend for more than 100 community members who attended the council’s annual rainbow picnic. Held at Berwick’s Old Cheese Factory on Saturday 7 February, over 120…

  • Cranbourne commuters question train reliability

    Cranbourne commuters question train reliability

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532942 Performance data shows the Cranbourne Line has broadly tracked close to Melbourne’s network-wide averages for reliability in recent years, but commuters say delays,…