By Jessica Anstice
The Lioness Club of Berwick held its final meeting for the year, followed by Christmas lunch at the Cardinia Park Hotel on Tuesday, 11 December.
The Lioness Club of Berwick has been active in the local community for over 30 years, raising funds to benefit Lions International Australia projects, local organisations and individuals.
Their fundraising is through varied activities including:
• Monthly Friday barbecues at Bunnings.
• An annual weekend barbecue at Bunnings
• Their Casey Relay for Life Team, Berwick Bush Babes, raise funds annually for cancer research and have consistently raised over $5000 each year gaining a research award.
• Holding a Biggest Morning Tea annually.
• Selling Daffodil Day merchandise annually.
• Manning the gate at the Berwick Show annually.
• Running barbecues as requested by local council and local organisations.
• Having stalls at local aged care and lifestyle market days.
• Selling raffle tickets for Mother’s Day and Christmas.
The club supports Transit Soup Kitchen in Narre Warren, and Painting with Parkinson’s in Berwick with a monthly donation.
Throughout the year they support multiple Lions projects, including Need for Feed, and other local organisations and individuals.
There are 19 members at present and welcome community minded people to join them.
Each member only gives the time they are able to and each brings with them their own skills and talents.
Members unite in friendship, fellowship and mutual understanding.
You can contact the club via their Facebook page or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of each month (except January) at the Cardinia Club Hotel at
12pm for 12.30pm.