BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » Party callouts test Casey’s police

Party callouts test Casey’s police

By Rebecca Fraser
CAPSICUM spray was used to subdue three young partygoers at the weekend when police were called out to a spate of out-of-control parties in Casey.
Senior Constable Paul Spencer of Endeavour Hills police said officers first attended a party in Valley Fair Drive in Narre Warren about 9.50pm on Friday.
He said this followed reports about noise and that some of the 20 youths at the party were fighting at the front of the property.
Sen Const Spencer said two people had been restrained with capsicum spray after acting aggressively towards police outside the Narre Warren home.
In another incident police from Cranbourne and Endeavour Hills were called about midnight to an out-of-control party in Hoysted Avenue in Cranbourne, where around 150 young partygoers were said to be roaming the area. Sen Const Spencer said another person had also been subdued with capsicum spray after acting aggressively towards police.
Police said a 15-year-old boy was seriously assaulted following the party after being punched and repeatedly kicked at he lay at the intersection of Hoysted Avenue and Ballanee Grove in Cranbourne North.
The incident occurred just before midnight after the teenager and the group of youths left the party.
The Cranbourne teenager was taken to the Dandenong Hospital by ambulance with a broken nose and lacerations to the head.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit but his injuries were described as not life threatening.
Narre Warren and Endeavour Hills police were also called to another unruly party in Armitage Drive in Narre Warren South on Friday evening, where there were more than 200 young people.
On Saturday night, police attended a second party in Cranbourne close to the previous evening’s gathering where another large group of teenagers had congregated. Sen Const Spencer said police also attended a party in Doveton on Saturday evening when more than 50 people came together in the Power Road Hall.
Police received reports that two people had been stabbed during the gathering but on arrival they did not find anyone hurt. Sen Const Spencer said attending parties was making demands of police resources at weekends and urged people to register their parties with police. He said young people needed to stop attending parties they were not invited to and warned that police would continue to clamp down on people drinking in public.
Sen Const Spencer said a number of teenagers had been given fines over the weekend after being caught drinking in the streets surrounding the parties.
He said the biggest problem party holders faced was that word and invitations were being spread quickly via text messages and he urged people to try to keep their parties small or hire security assistance.
Any witnesses to Friday night’s assault in Cranbourne North should contact Sen Const Steve Regnier at Cranbourne CIU on 5995 4577.

Digital Editions


More News

  • A spot of kindness led by young local leaders

    A spot of kindness led by young local leaders

    A Casey-based Girl Guides group dedicated to empowering girls and young women has delivered a heartfelt show of support to local frontline volunteers. Narre Warren North Girl Guides recently visited…

  • Road to 2026: conversation with Casey Mayor on State Election advocacy

    Road to 2026: conversation with Casey Mayor on State Election advocacy

    With the State Election looming, Casey Council is ramping up a transport-focused advocacy campaign, pushing major projects including the Clyde rail extension, Thompsons Road upgrades and improved bus services. The…

  • Solar fire at Dandenong South warehouse

    Solar fire at Dandenong South warehouse

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534665 Fire crews were on scene at a solar fire at an industrial warehouse in Dandenong South on 13 February. Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV)…

  • Works start on 70 social-housing units in Dandenong

    Works start on 70 social-housing units in Dandenong

    Works have begun on 70 new social-housing apartments for low-income tenants in Dandenong’s CBD. Housing and Building Minister Harriet Shing turned the first sod on the $39 million project at…

  • Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532816 Wellsprings for Women welcomed the Federal Minister for Multicultural Affairs, Dr Anne Aly, who saw first hand the South East-based centre’s efforts to…