JASON Wood will continue in his role as La Trobe MP after the Liberal candidate was finally declared the winner of the seat on Tuesday.
Mr Wood was in a tight battle for the seat with ALP candidate Rodney Cocks after the nation went to the polls for the federal election on 24 November.
Mr Cocks conceded defeat earlier this week after Mr Wood extended his lead to about 900 votes with only 3000 votes left to count.
Mr Wood said getting re-elected was always going to be tough.
“I am grateful for the support I received from people on my team and voters,” he said.
Wood keeps seat in cliffhanger
Digital Editions
-

End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip
Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as…














