BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » Murder charge

Murder charge

By CASEY NEILL

HOMICIDE Squad detectives have charged a Doveton man following the death of a 31-year-old mother of four in Noble Park overnight.
Her body was found at a residence in Marna Court, following a call for police and paramedics about 2am.
“The call was that a woman had been hurt at this location,” Homicide Squad Detective Senior Sergeant Stephen McIntyre told the Journal.
“Simultaneously to that phone call being made, a man who we believe is the man who made the phone call attended at the Dandenong Police Station and surrendered himself to police.”
Bona Lual, 36, faced an out of sessions court hearing at Dandenong Police Station charged with one count of murder.
He was remanded and will face Melbourne Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Wednesday).
Investigators believe Lual and the deceased were at a party at a hall in Dandenong North earlier in the night and are keen to speak to anyone who might have seen the pair.
Marna Court was this morning filled with the haunting sounds of wailing women in mourning as news of the death reached the woman’s family and friends.
Det Sen Sgt McIntyre said the woman’s children were aged between two and 12 years.
“It’s hard to know what to do to make people that are that upset at ease,” he said of the women gathering in the home’s front yard, crying out and comforting each other.
“There’s no words that are going to make it better.”
Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 with any information.

Digital Editions


  • New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534227 The Clyde Township Community Centre is now home to a new Library Lounge, providing residents in Clyde and…

More News

  • Upper Beaconsfield festival returns

    Upper Beaconsfield festival returns

    Upper Beaconsfield Tower Run: Climbing New Heights Upper Beaconsfield will come alive on Sunday the 15th of February when the community hosts the annual Upper Beaconsfield Tower Run and Village…

  • New Blokes Bible launched to support men’s mental health

    New Blokes Bible launched to support men’s mental health

    Long time Berwick resident Gregory Nanfra and David Cossigny are just two everyday blokes who met by chance on a backpacking trip in South America only to find out they…

  • Teen pedestrian critically injured in Narre Warren South

    Teen pedestrian critically injured in Narre Warren South

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534667 A 16-year-old boy was fighting for life after being struck by a car on Pound Road, Narre Warren South on Friday 13 February.…

  • Weekend of colour

    Weekend of colour

    It was a colourful weekend for more than 100 community members who attended the council’s annual rainbow picnic. Held at Berwick’s Old Cheese Factory on Saturday 7 February, over 120…

  • Cranbourne commuters question train reliability

    Cranbourne commuters question train reliability

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532942 Performance data shows the Cranbourne Line has broadly tracked close to Melbourne’s network-wide averages for reliability in recent years, but commuters say delays,…