BERWICK STAR NEWS
Home » Brawl hunt on

Brawl hunt on

By LACHLAN MOORHEAD

POLICE have ramped up the hunt for 10 men involved in a wild brawl at an Endeavour Hills McDonald’s last year in which three teenagers were viciously set upon.
Detectives last week released CCTV images and footage of the men involved in the fracas on Saturday 19 October which broke out at the Heatherton Road store just before 2.30am.
Police have so far been unable to identify the men involved in the fight, all believed to be aged between 18 and 25, and it is understood the teenage victims have been reluctant to help detectives with their inquiries.
The three victims were punched and kicked during the attack, with one of them taken to hospital for treatment for a facial wound.
Police believe it was lucky no one was seriously injured during the brawl.
It is believed the three victims exchanged comments with a man just prior to the fight, who then allegedly called friends for backup.
Investigators have been told a group of men then ran into the McDonald’s within a minute and attacked the victims.
Police believe the three victims had been consuming alcohol prior to the fight and were unknown to their attackers.
The men police are seeking allegedly fled in two different vehicles, believed to be a white sedan and a dark sedan.
Constable Leanne Marshall said the victims’ reluctance to co-operate with investigators had delayed the community appeal for information.
But she said several people had already contacted police since detectives released the CCTV images to the public on Friday.
“It’s just a matter of alcohol not being tolerated in the area, and it’s a warning to others out there around that age to be aware and vigilant of your surroundings,” she said.
“If they’ve had too much to drink and it impacts their thought process, they need to take a second moment to address the situation.
“It’s really good footage of the men involved in the fight, so I’m hoping someone is able to come forward,” Const Marshall said.
Anyone with information about the incident or anyone who believes they can assist with identifying those involved is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or log into www.crimestoppers.com.au

See here for footage of the fight:

See here for extra footage immediately before and after the fight:

Digital Editions


More News

  • Brazen daylight burglary at Berwick Jewellers, man taken to hospital

    Brazen daylight burglary at Berwick Jewellers, man taken to hospital

    Berwick Jewellers on High street were the latest victim of a violent daylight burglary, after a score of masked men stormed the business. Officers responded to reports of three masked…

  • Akin’s day to remember

    Akin’s day to remember

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 445266 The Dandenong District Cricket Association (DDCA) Turf 3 match between Narre North and St Mary’s was meant to be one of those games,…

  • Casey South Melbourne punches ticket to the postseason

    Casey South Melbourne punches ticket to the postseason

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533970 Casey South Melbourne (5/217) punched its ticket to the Victorian Premier Cricket (VPC) finals by knocking off Ringwood (199) in round 16 and…

  • Bakers sit in the box seat

    Bakers sit in the box seat

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533005 Silverton would require a miracle to make finals, but that hasn’t stopped the Bakers from posting a strong score on day one against…

  • Bloods’ depth does damage

    Bloods’ depth does damage

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533976 Springvale South has the runs on the board against Buckley Ridges after day one of the Dandenong District Cricket Association (DDCA) round 13…