- Edwin Flack Reserve, Manuka Road, Berwick, on Saturday 16 December at 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Casey Choir Sings Christmas
You will be seated at round tables with room to place your BYO nibbles and drinks. Casey Choir will entertain you with a program of Christmas carols and songs. Some will be new and some will be your old favourites. There will be opportunities to join in singing with some carols. Bring the family or friends, or come alone and make new friends. Coffee and tea provided.
- Akoonah Park Function Centre at Cardinia Street, Berwick, on Sunday 17 December, at 7.30pm. Tickets: Adult $20; concession $15; children under 12 free. Inquiries and bookings: 0403 350 448 (Robyn). Bookings are essential.
Friends of Ermera are selling fresh Christmas trees in three sizes at Akoonah Park Sunday market. All proceeds support education and training programs in the Ermera district of Timor Leste. Trees are also able to be ordered from firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418 557 988. Delivery available in City of Casey for $5.
- The trees are on sale at Akoonah Park market, Cardinia Street, Berwick, on Sundays 17 December, 8am-1.30pm. Trees range from 7 foot ($70), 6 foot ($60) and 5 foot ($50).
Rock Up and Play
Launching the ‘Rock Up and Play’ program, Melbourne City FC and YMCA Casey have created a fun and accessible soccer program for boys and girls of all abilities and ages at the new state-of-the-art Casey Stadium. Rock Up and Play has been designed as a great way to enjoy the game, meet people and have fun. No experience is necessary and participants are invited to come along to a session and take part in small-sided matches.
- Casey Stadium, Terry Vickerman Centre, 65 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East, on Friday 15 December at 4.30pm-7.30pm. Cost: $5 for individuals, $10 for families. For more information on programming at Casey Stadium visit the YMCA website at www.caseystadium.ymca.org.au or contact the Centre on 5996 6052.
Stars descend on Casey
Council, in partnership with the Melbourne Stars, will deliver this free event for the community at Casey Fields in Cranbourne East. Entertainment includes free activities and a chance to meet and get autographs from Melbourne Stars players, including captains John Hastings and Kristen Beams. Free activities include rides, kids’ workshops, face painting, animal encounters, roving entertainers and stalls. Melbourne Stars also will run a range of fun cricket activities including Stars Land, cricket inflatables and a double pitch throwing activity and local cricketers will take part in a Milo in2CRICKET clinic co-ordinated from noon-12.45 pm.
- Casey Fields in Cranbourne East, from 11am-3pm, on Sunday 17 December. For more information on the family day, visit www.casey.vic.gov.au/melbournestars or search ‘Melbourne Stars Family Day’ on Facebook.