False alarm at hospital

By Brendan Rees

A smoking toaster in the lunchroom at St John of God Hospital in Berwick triggered a fire alarm on Monday morning, 9 September.

Firefighters from Berwick, Hallam, Beaconsfield fire brigades received a call about 11am where they found the toaster causing the problem.

“Just a small cooking incident inside so nothing bad,” a Berwick fire brigade spokesperson said.

There was no damage and the hospital did not have to be evacuated.

Firefighters cleared the scene within 15 minutes.

 

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.