1. What is something people don’t know about you? I’ve done volunteer work throughout different organisations for the last 33 years. I started when I was 11 years old. I can also speak Slovenian. It’s priceless seeing people’s faces when they have never heard me speak another language.
2. What was your most memorable moment? When both my children were born but also when I’ve helped two people when I was with St. John Ambulance and receiving two thank you cards from both families. One was a newborn that had febrile convolutions and had turned blue on the lips and face and the other from parents of a teenage girl that almost died and almost got brain damage from drinking loads of spirits.
3. Where did you grow up as a child? I was born in Whyalla South Australia; where the outback meets the sea.
4. What is your favourite movie? Shawshank Redemption, Enemy at the Gates and The Power of One.
5. If you were PM for a day, what would you do? If I was PM for the day I would award my partner Michelle Oakley Mother of the Year because she has always gone above and beyond and looking after the whole family and taking our three year old son Lucas for his regular chemo treatment. Also the parents Pam and Andrew Oakley and my mum Josephine Schafer for the Grandparents of the Year award for helping myself and Michelle out when Lucas has gone in for treatment.
6. At school I…… at school I enjoyed my sports, woodworking and also cooking. So just before year 11 was due to finish I left school to start my apprenticeship as a chef.
7. Where is your favourite holiday destination? My favourite holiday destination would be Slovenia and also Mansfield because I enjoy the high country.
8. Which six guests dead or alive, would you invite to dinner? Angry Anderson, Densely Washington, Morgan Freeman, Lee Kernaghan, Danny Green and Manny Pacquiao.
9. What’s your favourite book? Dogs of war.
10. Best concert you have been to? Lee Kernaghan at the Hallam Hotel.