Festival of Lights
CASEY Central Shopping Centre will be celebrating Diwali, the Festival of Lights, with a traditional Bollywood and Bhangra performance for the whole family to enjoy and participate.
- Friday 28 October, 6.30pm-7.30pm. Centre Court, outside Woolworths.
FRESH from an appearance at Splendour in the Grass, Melbourne singer-songwriter LANKS is set to headline the City of Casey’s next live music event for young people this month. Sunset Sounds will deliver a music festival themed event for young people aged 12 to 25 years. All FreeZA events are fully supervised and drug, smoke and alcohol free.
Narre Warren Youth Information Centre on Friday 28 October, from 6.15pm to 10pm. Tickets cost $12 and can be purchased at www.trybooking.com/MYSA or on the night at the door. Discount passes for $10 tickets are available from Casey’s Youth Information Centres.
- For more information contact City of Casey Customer Service on 9705 5200.
Early Motoring History and the RACV in Victoria
Come and learn about the introduction of the motor car to Victoria which was promoted by a humble little automobile club … one that became what it is today, the RACV.
- Narre Warren Library, Overland Drive, Fountain Gate. Friday 28 October 2pm-3.30pm. Free bookings: www.tinyurl.com/cclcevents or phone 8782 3300.
Picnic and Paws Day
LYNBROOK Aged Care will be hosting a Picnic and Paws Day Community Free event. There will be a dog parade at 2.30pm as well as other activities.
- Saturday 29 October. Please contact Sam from Lynbrook Aged Care Facility on 8795 5777 or email@example.com
JOIN a 90-minute tour of historical Harkaway Cemetery and uncover some of the stories behind the headstones. Tea and biscuits will be served at the conclusion of the tour.
- Sunday 30 October at 10am, Harkaway Cemetery, Hessel Road, Harkaway. $5 for adults, children under 15 free. Bookings essential at firstname.lastname@example.org
150 years of worship
IN OCTOBER the Berwick Anglican Church will celebrate 150 years of Anglicans worshipping in the Berwick District. A month of activities has been planned throughout October to celebrate. The conduct of a special service of thanksgiving attended by the Archbishop of Melbourne on 30 October. All former members of the parish and interested members of the public are invited to participate in the activities.
- For further information go to email@example.com or call 9707 1105.